Restoration Ministries Internship ANNOUNCEMENT
Location: Washington, DC
Degree Preferred: Masters level in counseling or clinical social work, will accept student in final year of course work for full time position.
Type: two positions: Full time, 40 hrs per week,; part time, 10 hours a week, June 1-Aug 31, 2013
Stipend: $7,000 & $1,800
Start Date: June 1, 2013
Application Deadline: April 5
Position Description: Restoration Ministries is an outreach to survivors of domestic minor sex trafficking in the DC Metro Area. RM seeks to hire an intern therapist to work in its weekly PIPPs (Prostitution Intervention & Prevention Programs) at the youth detention center and psychiatric hospital where sex trafficking survivors are found.
• Strong evident faith in Jesus Christ
• Experience providing therapy to youth who are survivors of violence and/or trauma, preferably to survivors of human trafficking, domestic violence, sexual assault
• Ability to identify a sex trafficking survivor
• Demonstrated competence in leading groups, family and individual therapy
• Knowledge and experience using TF-CBT
• Ability to give a clinical diagnosis and write a clinical treatment plan
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in multicultural environments
• Ability to set and balance multiple priorities and handle multiple interruptions
• Ability to plan ahead and anticipate needs and problems
• Ability to work well under pressure, and maintain composure during stressful situations
• Solutions-oriented, collaborative, self-directed, self-disciplined
• Comfort and sensitivity when working with survivors of commercial sexual exploitation
• Resiliently positive and energetic attitude
Client Population: Clients will be African-American girls 11-21 years old who are survivors of sex trafficking or at a very high-risk of related exploitation. Clients are U.S. national survivors of sex trafficking and trafficking situations.
Client Service Philosophy: RM’s client services program provides a safe environment for trafficking survivors and coordination of comprehensive care that is sensitive to their unique needs. Survivor’s safety is a top priority in our outreach activities. The philosophy guiding RM’s direct service provision is Christ-centered throughout outreach and care
How to Apply: All application materials should be sent electronically as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials should include a cover letter and resume.
Restoration Ministries seeks to bring healing to men, women and children who are caught in the trap of sex trafficking and lead them into the freedom of Jesus Christ. www.restorationministriesdc.org