Trauma + the Sex Trade
Training Opportunity for Mental Health Providers
For those with previous clinical training, this workshop will provide in-depth knowledge about the prevalence of harm, violence and trauma experienced by sexually exploited people. Participants will learn about an integrative recovery model as well as how evidence-based interventions, such as Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT), are used with this population.
DATE |June 6, 2013
TIME | 9 am – 4 pm
COST | $150 per person (group discount available)
LOCATION | 2100 24th Ave. S, Seattle WA 98144
FACILITATOR | Leslie Briner, MSW
RSVP | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expand your understanding of what it means to participate in the sex trade
- Identify the types of harm, violence and trauma experienced by sexually exploited people
- Become familiar with relevant research, focusing specifically on the prevalence of complex PTSD
- Learn and practice useful interventions based on an integrative model of recovery
- Consider personal and societal beliefs and biases about people in the sex trade
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR | Over the last five years, Leslie Briner, MSW, has trained over 2,000 people across the country on the topic of sexual exploitation. She has worked in the field of social services with children, youth and families for 15 years, focusing since 2005 on sexual exploitation and trafficking. In that time, she has developed community-based training and comprehensive programming to resond to sexually exploited youth. Leslie is committed to social justice and interrupting all forms of oppression and discrimination.
Contact Leslie? email@example.com | 206.291.0942 | notesfromtheground.com